Top Questions to Ask Before Getting Dental Implants
The decision to undergo Dental Implant Surgery is life-changing and should be made after serious deliberation. At FastNewSmile®, we understand the importance of our patients making the right choices for themselves. That’s why we always offer a free consultation that allows potential patients to ask all of their essential questions about the process.
If you already know you want to have our All-On-4 Dental Implant or another type of implant procedure, let’s speed up the process of your consultation by answering some of the most common questions we get about our practices.
Who Are the Best Candidates for Dental Implants?
It doesn’t take much to be a Qualified Candidate for a FastNewSmile®. There are only a few requirements:
- The patient must be in decent general health
- The patient has strong enough of a jawbone to hold the implants in place
- The patient isn’t a frequent smoker (or plans on quitting)
- The patient can undergo bone grafting if necessary
Do I Need Dental Implants?
While this seems like more of a cosmetic question, there are some situations where dental implants are the best option for one’s overall health.
If a person has one or more teeth missing and doesn’t handle the situation, several issues can arise:
- Their remaining teeth may shift
- A person may experience pain while eating
- Speech problems
- Gum disease
- Jawbone deterioration
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Aside from gaining the smile of your dreams, Dental Implant Surgery from FastNewSmile® comes with several benefits that have a massive impact on a patient’s life:
- Dental implants look like a person’s natural teeth.
- There isn’t the risk of dental implants falling out, as with other teeth “replacement” options like dentures.
- Dental implants are the premier oral improvement that boosts a patient’s quality of life. With dental implants, people can speak better, eat comfortably, and generally have more confidence in their overall appearance.
- Dental implants help preserve a person’s facial structure. A FastNewSmile® helps prevent bone deterioration or facial sagging.
Does Dental Implant Surgery Hurt?
We get asked this question a lot, and the answer is simple: With us, no, it doesn’t.
FastNewSmile® is dedicated to working with the latest technology that helps prevent pain during and after our procedure. From local anesthetic to PRF, our team of qualified prosthodontists has your pain tolerance covered.
How Long Will My Dental Implant Procedure Take?
Most dental implant providers make the dental implant process take a matter of weeks or months. However, at FastNewSmile®, our specialty Same-Day Procedure only takes a few hours of a person’s day.
When you put your smile in the hands of our dental implant specialists, you can come in with your original teeth and leave with a smile to be proud of.
Are There Any Downsides to Dental Implants?
There is really only one downside to dental implants, and fortunately, it’s infrequent. Sometimes, when a person isn’t a viable candidate or fails to follow post-operative instructions, Dental Implant Failure is possible.
Sometimes even the body may reject a dental implant because a patient is unknowingly allergic to the implant’s materials.
At FastNewSmile®, we do everything in our power to ensure that each patient we work with is truly a viable candidate and can keep their smile under our lifetime guarantee.
Get Your Essential Questions Answered From a Consultation With FastNewSmile®
Still have questions? Don’t worry! We’re always here to help. Make an appointment today with FastNewSmile® for your free consultation.