3D CT Scan/ICAT
Here at FastNewSmile® Dental Implant Center in Dallas, Texas, we use the highest grade of technology when it comes to our 3D CT Scan machine. The iCAT allows us to take a 3D scan of the patient’s cranium and allows us to see the bone quality in the patient’s zygoma and their upper and lower jaw. When patients come in for a consultation they meet with Dr. Almasri and get to view their x-ray and see where the implants are going to be placed.
What is a 3d-CT Scan [Cone Beam CBCT Scanner]?
Cone Beam CBCT scanners are smaller-sized machines compared to the regular CT scanners that are available at hospitals & major diagnostic scanning centers. CBCT scanners are mostly available at the clinicians’, doctors’, or dentists’ offices. FastNewSmile® Dental Implant Center in the Dallas-Fort Worth area utilizes CBCT scanners to aid us in our many dental implant procedures.
3D CT Scan of Dental Implants in Dallas The CBCT scanner can be positioned for scans while you are seated or standing and all are handicapped accessible. Once the scanning process starts, the “arm”, which contains the x-ray source, rotates around your head. While the arm is rotating, it captures multiple images of your head from different angles. These images are then reconstructed to create a 3D image of your internal anatomy.
Much Faster, With Less Radiation
When using a CBCT scanner, X-ray radiation exposure to the patient is around 95% less than a regular CT scanner and is done usually in an average of 14 seconds, compared to the regular CT scanner that takes a few minutes; it’s also less expensive than the conventional CT scanner.
Using a CBCT scanner is very important while planning to place dental implants due to many factors:
- The need to visualize the anatomic structures that can’t be detected externally.
- The CBCT scan information can be sent electronically to a lab where a surgical guide can be fabricated.
- To decide if there’s a need to do any bone grafting procedure
- Simulate the implant surgery on the computer prior to the actual procedure.
- Helps to avoid the implant touching critical structures like nerves, teeth roots, previous implants, the sinus, and nose.
In addition to implant placement, CBCT scanners can be used for:
- TMJ Study
- Airway study (sleep apnea)
- Cancer screening
- Wisdom teeth position prior to extraction.
- Root canal treatment in complex cases and prior to some orthodontic treatments
GET IN TOUCH WITH FASTNEWSMILE® DENTAL IMPLANT CENTER
If you have been considering conventional crowns, bridges or dentures, we encourage you to contact our office to learn more about Same Day Teeth Replacements and all of the benefits that come with this treatment.
Dr. Almasri has extensive experience with this technique, and we can also show you examples of our results in patients with cases similar to yours.